A regular Quartz countertop consists of 93% quartz by weight and 7% resin. This is one of the top quality countertop products. It is stain, heat and scratch resistant.
Many companies are manufacturing and distributing quartz to the housing and commercial industries all over the world. Being man made or artificial, Quartz can be manufactured in any desired designs or colors.
- Offers a luxurious appearance unlike any other material
- Extremely stain resistant
- Has one of the hardest surfaces, which makes it scratch resistant Extremely heat resistant (burn and scorch resistant)
- Resistant to stains and bacterial growth
- More expensive or costly than Laminates and Granite
- Does not have the same look as naturally occurring slabs of stone
- Long-term exposure to sunlight can cause discoloration
ONYX works with all major quartz surface suppliers in North America like Cosentino, LG-Hausys, Vicostone, ZenithStones etc.
Quartz is a commonly discarded product of other mining industries, so it is putting the stone to good use and helps eliminate waste. In short, quartz is a very eco-friendly material, which explains its popularity with environment-conscious homeowners and builders.
Quartz countertops are not as resistant as crushed glass, concrete, or granite countertops. Caution is necessary when placing hot pots and pans or heated tools like curling irons. Like other high-end countertops, quartz countertops are pretty expensive.